Bob Sikes was once a trainer for the New York Mets – including the legendary 1986 club. He is now a high school science teacher and lives near his Florida hometown. He writes passionately about education reform with an emphasis on whats happening in Florida. This long time conservative Republican departs from his party roots on education and union issues. Bob Sikes is still a fiscal conservative and considers himself to be a Tea Party follower. He sees teaching as a noble public service profession that’s under attack. Sikes feels that our schools and children will be harmed if we continue along our current path toward privatization. He considers himself to be an independent voter in Florida and a Republican in national races. He’s seriously following the developments in the Middle East and is a staunch defender of Israel. Sikes will occasionally offer comments about the Mets that nobody cares about.
- Emerson on Trump Utters the Deal Breaker
- dolphin on Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- dolphin on Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Denise on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on Not so fast, Betsy!
- 338,628 hits