- Jailed Turkish Journalist Derya Okatan is in the 14th Day of Her Hunger Strike
- Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- REPORT: Jailed Turkish Journalist Derya Okatan in Hunger Strike
- dolphin on Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- dolphin on Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Denise on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on What’s Up With the Simultaneous Slams of Romney By Newt and Huck?
- 336,052 hits
Tag Archives: corporate
To be sure MSNBC was never going to be friendly to Jeb Bush – or any republican for that matter. But in its RachelMaddowBlog, reporter Steve Benen has been taking a hard look at Bush’s entire record on education policy-making. … Continue reading
The Northwest Florida Daily News which serves a three-county republican stronghold takes a sober look at Common Core Standards and the role that former Florida governor Jeb Bush has played. After dryly pointing out “Common Core isn’t really going away in … Continue reading
While it comes as no surprise that the education reform crowd would use any rhetorical tool to destroy public schools, to do so in the context of making public schools a national security risk is to finally jump the shark. The iconic … Continue reading
No single individual has influenced the changes the nation has witnessed to its entire education apparatus than former Florida governor Jeb Bush. Later this month, his Foundation for Excellence in Education will host it’s annual summit. It comes as no surprise the … Continue reading
While its understandable that Jeb Bush would receive top billing, the fact that he actually appeared on the same stage with opponents of his ed reform measures is nonetheless astonishing. Along with a Tampa middle school teacher and school board … Continue reading
The Florida Education Association was skeptical of the Obama-Duncan Race to the Top (RttT) initiative, but eventually became part of the team which then governor Charlie Crist put together to apply for the grant. As it turns out RttT has … Continue reading
You accompanied a loved one to an appointment with a cardiologist. Both of you were already aware that your family has a history of heart disease, but your loved one recently learned that they have diabetes. The family doctor referred … Continue reading
The thirteen organizers were among a group of 200 from last weekend’s Save Our Schools March that met Sunday . The liked what they saw the day before, and they’re not done. This wasn’t a one off. “There are tremendously … Continue reading
Why Conservatives and Tea Party Followers Ought to be Appalled by No Child Left Behind and Race to the Top
George W. Bush’s education initiative No Child Left Behind is the basis for the Obama education initiative, Race to the Top (RTT). Most conservatives and tea party followers probably don’t know that RTT was funded by the Obama stimulus. And while most … Continue reading