- Jailed Turkish Journalist Derya Okatan is in the 14th Day of Her Hunger Strike
- Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- REPORT: Jailed Turkish Journalist Derya Okatan in Hunger Strike
- dolphin on Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- dolphin on Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Denise on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on What’s Up With the Simultaneous Slams of Romney By Newt and Huck?
- 336,099 hits
Tag Archives: Fund education now
Unlikely allies are rallying around Umatilla republican senator Alan Hays amendment to SB 616 as a compromise on the state’s high-stakes test drama. Writes Jefferey Solochek for Gradebook: A conservative Florida senator with a flair for headline-grabbing proposals could generate … Continue reading
They tried this last year, too. But this time, Jeb Bush’s top lobbyist lieutenant Patricia Levesque will be bringing in an equally loathsome group for a sham press conference. From Florida Watchdog reporter William Patrick in Bush’s Foundation for Florida’s Future … Continue reading
Getting little play in this year’s Parent Trigger bill is the so-called parent notification clause. Parent advocacy group, Fund Education Now, sees the danger in Carlos Truillo’s bill for families and children who choose fine arts: March 21, 2013, Orlando, … Continue reading
The media is not as fawning as it one was for Jeb Bush and his years as the nation’s most influential education reformer. He used to draw solo pieces. But not in today’s State Impact article by John O’Connor. The former Florida … Continue reading
From FundEducationNow: Orlando, Florida… FundEducationNow.org, a leading parent-driven statewide education advocacy group, issued the following comments today regarding the Florida Department of Education’s release of the 2012 FCAT 2.0 Grades 9 and 10 Reading and FCAT Writes scores: “As mothers … Continue reading
Writes Kathleen McGrory in the Miami Herald: It was one of the session’s hardest-fought battles. On one side: a coalition of disparate, but determined parent groups. On the other: former Gov. Jeb Bush and the powerful school-choice lobby. With the … Continue reading