- Denise on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on What’s Up With the Simultaneous Slams of Romney By Newt and Huck?
- son j on What Do The Bewildered, Frightened Faces of Soldiers Engaged in Turkey’s Coup Tell Us?
- harissalobo on The Moral Equivalence Which is Lost on the Media
- 335,504 hits
Tag Archives: HB 1191
Yesterday’s passage of the Florida house’s version of parent trigger legislation is already drawing defensive posturing by it’s most publicized advocate, Parent Revolution. Writes Marcos Restrepo in The Florida Independent: According to a California-based organization backing Florida’s controversial “Parent Trigger … Continue reading
In posting on news that New York City would be posting the controversial decision to make the city’s teacher’s value-added evaluation public, Gradebook’s Jeff Solochek explained that the same is on the way for Florida. Only legislators are doing so … Continue reading
Florida’s corporate financed parent trigger advocates staged a touchy-feely presser last week between the committee hearings which railroaded the bill onward. While the editors of the Orlando Sentinel stays away from directly criticizing the proponents HB 1191 and SB 1718, they effectively … Continue reading
A large coalition of parent-driven education advocacy groups have joined to strongly oppose Miami republican Rep. Michael Billeca’s HB 1191 “Parent Empowerment Act.” Citizens for Strong Schools, 50th No More, Florida PTA, Fund Education Now, Marions United for Public Education, Save Duval … Continue reading