- Jailed Turkish Journalist Derya Okatan is in the 14th Day of Her Hunger Strike
- Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- REPORT: Jailed Turkish Journalist Derya Okatan in Hunger Strike
- dolphin on Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- dolphin on Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Denise on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on What’s Up With the Simultaneous Slams of Romney By Newt and Huck?
- 336,099 hits
Tag Archives: Michael Kooi
House Charter School Bill Corrupted by Cozy Relationship Between Tony Bennett and Charter Schools USA
Chris Moya, Charter Schools USA lobbyist testified this week that Rep. George Moraitis charter school bill was about ‘improving accountability”. Moya and Florida Charter School Alliance lobbyist Jim Horne’s smug performances this week were justified. The new bag of goodies for … Continue reading
Miami Demorat Representative Kionne L. McGhee didn’t let Florida charter school lobbyist Jim Horne off the hook during this week’s public testimony on the Florida House’s latest charter school bill. Horne, whom sources say wrote the bill, made the claim … Continue reading
Orlando Sentinel (login required) reporter Lauren Roth has this: The failed Orange County charter school that gave its principal a payout of $519,000 in taxpayer dollars after closing in June also paid her husband more than $460,000 during a five-year period, … Continue reading
If Florida’s legislators are ever shamed into ending their charter school favoritism, Miami Herald reporters Kathleen McGrory and Scott Haisson will have played a role. The two investigative journalists were joined by colleague Shiaa Sen last weekend in a story which exposed the policy of double-dipping federal … Continue reading
The executive director of the Florida DOE agency which oversees state charter schools bemoans the fact that only the bad charter schools get publicity. Michael Kooi, who was charter schools chief lobbyist before being hired by Rick Scott to oversee … Continue reading
Public education activist and parent Julie Delegal has a letter the edition in this morning’s Florida Times-Union in which she effectively maps out two main points. First, the governor and legislature are not doing its constitutionally duty to fund its … Continue reading
Last summer’s Miami New Times story detailing abuse and fraud by privately run schools cashing in on McCay scholarship money finally prompted a hearing this week in Tallahassee. Matt Dixon reports for the Florida Times- Union: TALLAHASSEE – Democrats grilled a Department of … Continue reading
Why the Miami Charter School Scandal Signals that its Time to Question the Wisdom and Judgement of Florida’s School Reformers
Those adult themes parties at that Miami charter school were put on by the husband of its owner, but Rocka Malik says she doesn’t know anything about them: Balere’s principal and founder, Rocka Malik, told The Miami Herald on Thursday that … Continue reading