- Jailed Turkish Journalist Derya Okatan is in the 14th Day of Her Hunger Strike
- Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- REPORT: Jailed Turkish Journalist Derya Okatan in Hunger Strike
- dolphin on Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- dolphin on Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Denise on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on What’s Up With the Simultaneous Slams of Romney By Newt and Huck?
- 336,099 hits
Tag Archives: NEA
From CBS News: Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush sure looks like a politician who is not running for office. In a wide-ranging interview with Charlie Rose for “CBS This Morning,” Bush offered some light praise for President Obama and said … Continue reading
Its Begun…..Palm Beach School Board Votes to Adopt the National Resolution that Opposes High Stakes Testing
Testing is Not Teaching – PBC citizens united to make a difference have announced on their Facebook page that the Palm Beach School Board has adopted the National Resolution on High Stakes Testing. The resolution brings unprecedented bipartisan spirit. Joining … Continue reading
While the American Left rose to the defense of Hilary Rosen’s smear of Ann Romney, the lobbying firm who pays Rosen’s salary was cashing in on her contacts with the Obama White House. According to Lee Fang of The Nation, among … Continue reading
“Diversion of education funds to private use is occurring more frequently in Florida than in any other state.”
The Miami Herald published an op-ed piece yesterday from NEA President Dennis Van Roekel. He wrote specifically about the Florida legislature’s pattern of failing to provide adequate funding for the state’s schools . Van Roekel also brought to light the … Continue reading
The Center for Education Reform, who received $518,273 last year from the Walton Family Foundation, mocks this weekends, SOS March in Washington DC. WASHINGTON – This Saturday’s Save Our Schools rally is holding itself out to be an effort to … Continue reading
Why they did still bewilders many teachers across the nation. But the metaphorical horse has left the barn. The NEA delegation’s tone deafness toward its rank-and-file membership has predictably prompted a gleeful response from former Florida governor Jeb Bush. This … Continue reading
While teachers across the nation are gathering together to raise awareness of the danger that standardize testing poses on the nation’s school, has an unlikely champion emerged? Republican candidate for President, Michelle Bachmann, was taking questions on the Scott Hennen … Continue reading
From Ben Smith in POLITICO: Democratic National Committee national spokesman Hari Sevugan will move to a top post at the former Washington, D.C., school chief Michelle Rhee’s new advocacy group, Students First, a move aimed at strengthening its hand in the … Continue reading
Writing in the conservative website, Big Government, Kyle Olsen says that it was loads of cash from the 2009 Stimulus that secured the early NEA endorsement for President Obama’s re-election campaign. He cites a 2009 speech by Joe Biden as proof. … Continue reading