- Jailed Turkish Journalist Derya Okatan is in the 14th Day of Her Hunger Strike
- Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- REPORT: Jailed Turkish Journalist Derya Okatan in Hunger Strike
- dolphin on Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- dolphin on Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Denise on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on What’s Up With the Simultaneous Slams of Romney By Newt and Huck?
- 336,099 hits
Tag Archives: orange county
A Orange county teacher emails this conclusion to OCPS resolution which was agreed to Tuesday: WHEREAS, excessive test preparation stifles innovation, creativity, collaboration, communication, and critical thinking that allow students to thrive in a democracy and in a global society and … Continue reading
WMFE Radio reports: The Broward County School Board has become the fourth in Florida to pass a resolution opposing the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test as the primary means for measuring student progress. And now, an Orange County School Board member … Continue reading
Florida’s republican legislators don’t like to be accused of ending local control of schools. But trying to end school board member salaries and giving final oversight of charter schools to Tallahassee political appointees is well, attempting to end local control … Continue reading
Orlando Sentinel reporter Dave Weber talked to the superintendents of schools for Orange and Seminole counties about Florida’s new accountability system and came away with stunning news: Florida’s runaway school accountability system is destined to fail and take with it the … Continue reading
Dick Yarborough reporting last week included this tidbit about Charter USA’s attempt to open a school in Cherokee County, Georgia: In Miami-Dade and Broward counties, the (Miami) Herald reported, almost two-thirds of charter schools are run by management companies, which charge fees … Continue reading
Signs that the end of local board control of schools – and its own finances – continued today when the state board of education overruled Orange and Seminole counties rejection of two charter schools. From Leslie Postal in the Orlando … Continue reading
In this morning’s Gainesville Sun, Alachua County School Board Member, Eileen Roy warns Floridians that state policymaker’s efforts are to privatize the state’s entire education system. Its quite a rebuke: Make no mistake, there is a determined, coordinated effort to … Continue reading
Rick Scott used “invest” or “investment” three times in the education policy op-ed piece he penned this week. He in fact used it in the title. As Scott is so politically invested in the advancement of charter schools in Florida, its worth … Continue reading
The Orange county school board turned down a recent Charter USA’s application largely because the group hadn’t opened the building which had been previously ok’d. Writes Lauren Wright in the Orlando Sentinel: Last October, the Orange school board approved a … Continue reading