- Emerson on Trump Utters the Deal Breaker
- dolphin on Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- dolphin on Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Denise on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on Not so fast, Betsy!
- 341,155 hits
Tag Archives: private schools
From Tampa Bay Times reporter Jeffrey Solochek: State Rep. Debbie Mayfield, the Vero Beach Republican who made a mark last year by pushing to end the Common Core in Florida, wants to change that law. Mayfield filed a bill late … Continue reading
In this morning’s Gainesville Sun, Alachua County School Board Member, Eileen Roy warns Floridians that state policymaker’s efforts are to privatize the state’s entire education system. Its quite a rebuke: Make no mistake, there is a determined, coordinated effort to … Continue reading
The Chronicle of Philanthropy’s Strange Promotion of Billionaire and Hedge Funder Meddling in Education Policy
Is it still philanthropy if your donation money goes to starting your own school? Apparently so. From Robert Trigaux writing in the St. Petersburg Times: At first glance, the generosity of Florida’s top philanthropist in 2011 might suggest big givers … Continue reading
From the Associated Press: TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — A new report shows little change in scores on national standardized tests for students in Florida’s low-income voucher program. They attend private schools at taxpayer expense.