- Jailed Turkish Journalist Derya Okatan is in the 14th Day of Her Hunger Strike
- Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- REPORT: Jailed Turkish Journalist Derya Okatan in Hunger Strike
- dolphin on Derya Okatan Enters 9th Day of Her Hunger Strike in a Turkish Jail
- dolphin on Was Turkish Journalist Ahmet Sik Working on a Piece that Would Cause Upheaval in Erdogan’s Ruling AKP Party?
- Denise on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on Not so fast, Betsy!
- Charlotte Greenbarg on What’s Up With the Simultaneous Slams of Romney By Newt and Huck?
- 336,052 hits
Tag Archives: Walton family
Washington Post reporter Bill Torque takes a close look at the DCPS budget and notes there’s a serious difference between Michelle Rhee’s budget and that of her successor, Kaya Henderson. One of the more striking line items on the operating … Continue reading
Writes Jim Turner in Sunshine State News: The failure of a single bill to reach the Senate floor — a controversial one that Insurance Commissioner Kevin McCarty claimed would lower workers’ compensation costs for businesses — doomed the “parent trigger” for … Continue reading
Florida Parent Groups Oppose Walton Family-Funded, Bush-Supported Bill to Increase Taxpayer Dollars to Privately Owned Charter Schools
Calling out Senator Steve Wise’s deceptively named , An Education Act, a coalition of parent activists say: “Against the backdrop of $4 Billion dollars in brutal cuts to traditional public schools made by the Florida Legislature, we strongly oppose the efforts of … Continue reading
Quickly emerging as one of the nation’s most important education writers, Walt Gardner cautions that America should be concerned that billionaires are investing so much in education policy. Referencing the recent donation of NYC mayor Mike Bloomberg and others to save the … Continue reading